Most likely going to use it for hauling stuff and maybe some occasional rig-top lounging…. If you are planning on mounting a roof-top tent or standing on your roof rack often, buy the Backbone Mounting Kit. 76 or 84? You can also buy additional hardware for the Pioneer Roof Rack that allows you to strap down just about anything you can imagine. Before purchasing, make measurements to be sure there is no interference with dash accessories such as A/C vents or shift levers. To install Pioneer TS-D1720C Component Speakers into your Toyota 4Runner, you will want to use tacotunes.com speaker adapters designed to work in your 4Runner. Yeah, ours did not clamp down underneath either. For detailed underbar installation instructions, refer to Pioneer fi tting instructions. Our newsletter is pretty much the best thing you'll ever read! You're using a maestro idatalink it looks like. Ready to mount! From functionality to looks, the Rhino-Rack with the factory rail kit is still a great choice and much cheaper. Everything should line up perfectly. So, we opted for the CXB leg kit. BEFORE YOU DO THIS STEP: Open up the spacing of the legs all the way. The crossbar will slide underneath the edge of the Pioneer roof rack under-rail to which you will bolt down with given hardware and a spacer. 85. Does anyone have any suggestions? Use coupon code "TRAIL4R10" and save 10% on windshield wiper blades from Scrubblade. Thanks! I think this a great start for anyone looking to install a rack while not spending over $1000. I used the SX100 legs with vortex bars. For an RTT system, you should look at the backbone system if you want the Rhino-Rack. Its longer, can fit more storage on top or… Read more ». As for the on-road performance, you can hear a little bit of wind drag but that is normal with any roof racks, even with wind deflectors. Amazon's Choice for 4runner stereo install kit. In another post, we will be doing an install of the Rhino-Rack + Backbone Kit. Posts: 131 First, I want you to know that I really appreciate your write up and it looks great. I think those are discontinued, though. I’m looking at this rack for my 5th gen and am looking at including the new Pioneer Platform fairing and the Hi-Lift jack mount for starters. I don’t plan on ever using a roof top tent or even carrying much offroad gear. This rack is fully capable of competing with some of the other off-road racks that are commonly installed. Thanks, Hi! The powder-coated rails were imperfectly level and took some extra muscle to complete the install but overall a very sturdy setup. Used to install universal stereos which is approximately 7" wide by 4" high. No reason other than I am ready for a change and I have an opportunity to have a custom full-length built for a good price. I like the backbone set-up as well. Super low profile and clean. I appreciate the reply. I see there is a ladder in the pictures above. The platform will sit over the clamp adjustment which is why. mine doesn’t seem to hook all the way under. They have been on 4wd vehicles for decades and have a pretty straight forward job; light up the ground. Can you recommend a roof platform/rack that utilizes my existing factory roof rails and maybe existing cross bars that will allow me to stand on and take photographs? Matt, I really did enjoy this rack while it was mounted. The Backbone Mount removes the factory rail system (like most top-level racks) and is then replaced with factory bolt placements. You will not have to do this step, as we did it for you. Toyota 4Runner 1996, Single/Double DIN Black Multi-Installation Stereo Dash Kit by Metra®. Carxtc Stereo Install Dash Kit Fits Toyota 4Runner SR5 2003-2006. The latest in new 4Runner parts, products and gear. I like Toyota's, exploring remote locations, taking photos, cooking, camping, wheeling, and a good bowl of ramen... or tacos. Thanks, I did some measuring and it looks like the 76 would sit about half way across the moonroof. Now with more info! Toyota 4Runner 1984-1995: Aftermarket Sound System Modifications. All stereos are divided into two main kinds – single- and double-DIN. Solid rack man. Your post is a little confusing. You can see that post here. The first and most important thing when starting any projects is making sure you have all your parts. Using the provided allen, loosen up the leg space on all four legs before bolting down. Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum > Toyota 4Runner Forum > 4th Gen T4Rs > Pioneer radio install help: User Tag List: Reply Thread Tools: Rate Thread: Display Modes: 04-02-2020, 12:52 AM #1: BigMike18. Step #2 – Unpack all Parts (CXB Leg Kit). really like those wheels. I had no issue with the products from this company. The distance from the center to center on the factory roof rails is about 41.5″. . The 84 would sit right above your sight line if you look up. These roof racks are all well-made utility racks for the 5th Gen 4Runner. You wouldn’t notice it when driving. We have not taken it off-road yet or used the Rhino-Rack Pioneer mounting brackets, but as soon as we do, we will write another post on that. What normally would take me an hour to splice and solder wires, took 1 min. Note: For easy Pioneer installation. I think the difference is that the platform runs across the sunroof. Do you have JBL? Good to know, It seems to be a excellent rack for its price. If there is nothing on the market maybe something that will utilize existing factory holes and no drilling. When thinking of getting a stereo installation dash kit for your Toyota 4Runner, you should consider the type of stereo you have to install. The shorter rack does not interfere with the moonroof at all, but the larger one will (not much but enough to look up and notice it). Single DIN radios are the most common size for after-market stereos. What brand is the ladder? Granted this RTT is lighter than most, and my gf and I are fairly petite. The 60x49 Rhino-Rack Pioneer SX Platform Rack # JA9133 will be a little easier to install on your 2018 Toyota 4Runner because it installs directly to your raised rails. Does it matter? What’s not to love about this rack. With the index finger, turn spacer 90 degrees. 1. You also get a leg up on vendor specials, free gear, giveaway notifications, and more. Being that they were out of stock on the backbone mount system and we already had the Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform, we had to get something. Does the 76″ x 49″ interfere with a sunroof if you have one? 8 125mm 742mm Once everything is buttoned up below, turn your rack over and mount your brackets from the top down. Description. Recently, we went over the full review on the Rhino-Rack Pioneer. $18.85 $ 18. Also, we have an upcoming Icon Suspension to replace our ToyTec Leveling Kit. Can’t speak for Brenan as to why, but it’s been listed on Overland Market. But, with all four corners clamped down, the rack is solid. 4Runner Tested and industry proven scrubbing technology. There are four legs and one universal allen tool. With the legs hand-tight, you will still be able to slide them around for adjusting the width of the legs. I have the 42100B model (60×49). This product is designed for professional installation only. Verify your vehicle's options prior to purchase. Used to install a universal single or double DIN stereo which is approximately 2" or 4" high. Probably. Verified Purchase. I ordered them over a month ago and they still aren’t here. Also, I see that you dont have that added accessory… Read more », I liked the look of the 60″ X 49″ at the time. And did you follow the guide with the radio itself? I got the nex1400 w Apple CarPlay. Thanks. ive had my rack for a little over a month now and i love it. Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX and Installation Kit for Toyota 2014-2018 4Runner with basic stereo system (no JBL) or steering wheel controls, silver bezel. I have had the Rhino-Rack mounted for almost a year and not one issue. You can also mount the rack straight to another set of legs (CBX Leg Kit seen below), which we will be doing our install on. This is a great introductory roof rack that will serve well for most uses for the life of their 4Runner. Article from trail4runner.com. Modern vehicles don't always have space for a car stereo install, so Pioneer is going modular with its next generation. The Backbone Kit has a load rating of 700lbs while the factory rail mount system has a load rating of 175lbs. Once you have your legs on your crossbars, drop the cross onto the rack, while the rack is upside down. There is a metal spacer bracket that bolts down to the Pioneer Rack Crossbars. and everything worked as advertised. Our brand new Fit Guide has been designed to help you discover which Pioneer in-dash products will fit your vehicle. This is different bar and legs than what’s described here. Universal ISO Double DIN Trim Ring by Scosche®, 0.25" Border. MEASURE & BOLT LEGS: Set legs about an inch away from the edge of the rack. Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform with CXB Leg Kit Installation on 5th Gen 4Runner Step #1 – Unpack all Parts (Pioneer Rack). It’s still working over a year later. I mounted recovery boards, storage boxes, storage totes, Christmas tree, Home Depot runs, etc. I pulled the trigger with this recommendation. I assembled the 74″x49″ Pioneer Rack, Wind Faring, Full Rail Support, Grab Handles, Tie Down Hooks, and Backbone System on my Trail Premium and love the outcome. Step 6A – Drop in spacer provided perpendicular to the crossbar. Reviewed in the United States on December 17, 2019. I remember I had illumination problems and reception problems and that was orange and blue wires respectively. Using the proper harness for the Maestro RR eliminates the need for most of the wiring. I wanted to ask you two questions about the one you chose. Member : Join Date: May 2019. The EVO MTs are true rock tires. At the end of the day, I would recommend this rack for sure.… Read more ». Everything should be nice and tight. Part Numbers for Rhino-Rack + Backbone Kit (700lbs Load), Part Numbers for Rhino-Rack + CXB Leg Kit (175lbs Load). Same goes for your CXB Leg Kit. Rhino Rack, etrailer (awesome CS), etc have this as a specific package now with the legs, bars, adapter kit packaged together. Yes, I saw this on the Overland Market Instagram after I put my order in. btw – love your site…keep up the good work.. Shane, Some ambiguity here. With our kits you can easily install 6×9, 6.5 or 6.75 coaxial and component speakers. Just a quick update on the iKamper Skycamp install on the Rhinorack Pioneer Backbone system. only thing i was worried about was over tightening or not tightening the clamps enough. Pioneer does not recommend that you install this product yourself. That’s all you need to upgrade the stereo in your 4th Gen 4runner. Is it recommended to use the backbone with a 60×49 rack? The only downside is you shouldn’t mount an RTT up top, but for some people, that doesn’t really matter. In addition, this install includes how to remove the factory door panel, wire and install the speakers, and testing. I bought the Pioneer AVH-1550NEX Double Din unit for my 3rd gen 4runner and this was a very easy plug and play. Same goes for your CXB Leg Kit. I’m getting a lot of wind noise and somewhat regretting purchasing the 76 inch Pioneer Platform. You’ll still need to make a few connections but it’s very straight forward. Paul, yeah man. The first step for this incredibly easy install is to slide your legs onto the Pioneer Rack Crossbars. Repeat this process for all four legs. We decided to go with the Rhino-Rack with the Backbone Mount System but they were back-ordered on the backbone mount. The Rhino-Rack Pioneer came separately for us, so we made sure everything was in the box for the rack first. Not making a recommendation but just sharing my personal exp, I’ve had the Pioneer SX Platform mounted to my factory rails on my 5th gen for awhile. Obviously, black is ground. I contacted the vendor – they ordered the hardware but will take 3-4 weeks to get it. Installing a security system in your 4Runner isn't easy (security systems rarely are), but it's less complicated than it could be. While researching this rack, I came across a Youtube video of a company called “Rack Outfitters” and they showed the same rack but the longer version. If the legs do not automatically seat into place, just give them a little pressure and they should pop right in. If you do not hand tighten your legs to the crossbars, the legs will slide back and forth while you are measuring, and adjusting a few other items. Get Up to 20% Off the Trail 4Runner Store! We recommend that only authorized Pioneer service personnel, who have special training and experience in mobile electronics, set up and install this product. They have a few practical applications that make them useful f… So I’d start by trouble shooting those. The 80x49 Pioneer # JA9965 includes the Backbone mounting system so you'll need to remove your factory raised rails to install it.