Beat the fufu with a wooden spatula in an upward motion and stir around and repeat till it starts to take shape. Pour your drained mix into the pot of goat meat. Yam fufu brings back fond memories of growing up in Awudome. Let it cool completely. We eat fufu recipes by dipping them in some kind of sauce. Add the bay leaves and the tomato paste. 1. Stir the goat meat well, and add 1/2 cup water to the pot. Add a little water and blend to a smooth paste. Pour into a sieve and allow the tomato pepper mix drain through so you have a lighter consistency. That delicious stew made from ground melon seeds. You would need to reduce the heat while adding water so it can cook well. Make the toasted chickpea topping up to a day ahead; store in an airtight container at … Home / Ghana Chef / Ghana food / Ghana Food blogger / Quick Fufu recipe / FUFU & LIGHT SOUP. The recipe takes a little more effort, but if you can spare the time it's well worth it 4 hrs and 25 mins comments. Fufu and Goat Meat light soup/Pepper Soup Taste of Ghana. Once cooled, shape into your preferred ball and serve with your favourite soup. June 15, 2015. This recipe contains cloves of garlic, onion, bay leaves, ground aniseed, ginger. Allow to simmer for 5 additional minutes on medium heat and set aside. administrator I have work experience with infants, children, pregnant, and postpartum women as a nutrition educator. Servings . Enjoy! This is why soups are very essential to Nigerian food recipes. Put the chicken in a medium sized pot, add the chopped onion, scotch bonnet, the bouillon cube, salt and about 1 cup of water. 1. Fufu light soup. HOME > FOOD > WEEKEND SPECIAL : HOW TO PREPARE CHICKEN LIGHT SOUP AND 'FUFU' How to prepare Chicken light soup and 'fufu' Ingredients for this recipe: Fresh chicken Blended onion, garlic, ginger Tomatoes Pepper Garden eggs Chicken seasoning salt to taste Method: 1. Fufu is generally tastless and rely on the richness of the soups to make the meal delicious. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Here are 22 delicious ways to eat the African fufu. Pour the Fufu into a bowl, smear the surface with a teaspoon  of water ( to prevent any film forming on the surface and leave to cool down completely. Tag Archives: light soup and fufu recipe. your own Pins on Pinterest The food Blogger life i guess. Fufu is derived by mashing starchy foods or mixing the processed starchy We eat fufu recipes by dipping them in some kind of sauce. This three-step recipe (roast, blend, simmer) is an easy and flavorful way to warm up with a creamy vegetable-based soup on a chilly fall afternoon. Wash and clean your mutton and place in a bowl. 300g of  peeled un-ripened Plantain cut into cubes. Our recipe focuses on cassava fufu, paired with the absolutely scrumptious egusi soup. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Discover (and save!) Remove your mutton from the fridge and place in a saucepan or clay pot. 300g of peeled un-ripened Plantain cut into cubes. • Wash ginger, garlic, chilli, one of the onions and three of the tomatoes, drain, place in blender, season, and blend to a paste. Enjoy this fresh Fufu in a pot with light soup (spicy tomato soup) and use your preferred Meat, Poultry , … The fufu type may differ from region to region, but the sheer joy of eating fufu is the same all over Africa. If the soup feels a little too thick, adjust by blending in more water, 1⁄/4 cup at a time. In a separate pot, wash and Boil the tomato, pepper and onion without chopping till the skin of the tomato starts to peel. Cut the chicken into desirable sizes and wash into a saucepan… Using a wooden spatula, keep stirring till you have a smooth, thick steamed paste. 500ml of water for a soft Fufu or 400ml for a firmer Fufu. His next question was would she be cooking african food? Increase the heat to a medium fire and stir the mixture till well combined. Selasa, 30 Agustus 2016. Transfer the contents into a saucepan and place on a medium heat. Process: Put the goat meat in a soup pot and season it with the above ingredients. Cooking Time. Usually rice and kenkey are served with soup or stew, while banku, fufu, akple and konkonte are served with soup. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Pour 2 handfull of Neat fufu powder into a clean dry pot and mix properly with water into a thick paste. 7 Transfer the fufu into a bowl and sprinkle one teaspoon of water on the surface to prevent forming a film. Enjoy this fresh Fufu in a pot with light soup (spicy tomato soup). Learn how your comment data is processed. You can make the soup a day or two ahead, but you’ll definitely need to adjust the texture, as it will overthicken upon standing. 460g of peeled Cassava, scraped, de-stringed and cut into cubes. Here is an ingredient that is easy to follow and make for your family any time. Take out the tomato, pepper and onion and blend till smooth. 2 large Tilapia. Serves 1 Ingredients Fufu Neat fufu Water Light Soup Whole tomatoes (4) Fresh red pepper (2-3) Onions (1 small sized) Meat (beef / goat / chicken) Maggi & salt Steps Fufu Pour 2 handfull of fufu powder into a clean dry pot and mix properly with water into a thick paste. and use your preferred Meat, Poultry , Game, Seafood, Fish or Vegetables to make it. ), Our First Meal in our New Home & Review of FoodLine.sg. Fast forward to November and here I am making fufu and light soup. Put the lid on the pot … Ensure to stir properly to prevent lumps in fufu Put on medium heat and stir. If you have cold or flu, just grab a bowl of hot light soup, sip gently and have some rest. It's important, you use a very good blender. Over the weekend I had Yam fufu and fresh fish soup. I have had light soup and fufu and that was way too spicy for me. Recipe. Using a fine colander, pass the tomato and onion blend through into a bowl. Ingredients (Serves 2) 4 pieces of goat meat. I used Vitamix (which blends everything into a silky smooth paste). The food Blogger life i guess. Fast forward to November and here I am making fufu and light soup. Add the mixture to the chicken/meat in the saucepan add more water if it is thick (its should be very light, not thick) Allow to the soup to cook for 20-30 minutes. Add your  fresh tomatoes and 1 whole onion and cook for a further 3 minutes. No matter what kind we were having, be it Cocoyam, Cassava, Plantain, or a blend, she would always have some Yam cooked on the side to make her yam fufu. My german friend asked if he could come and I said sure of course. 8 Shape fufu into a ball and serve with I often get inspiration for a recipe to put up and obsess about it for a few more months before it finally goes up. Oct 8, 2016 - This Pin was discovered by Renee Graham Ojo. How to fufu and tilapia light soup. Fufu recipes are generally tastless on their own so they rely on the richness of the soups to make the meal delicious. 4 whole tomatoes; One small sized onion; Fresh red … It is common knowledge that Nigerians especially the Igbos from the eastern part of the country, must have at least one fufu meal in a day. At some point this year, my mum came to visit me when I lived in San Francisco and she told me to invite my friends over because she would be cooking up a storm. Steaming the Fufu, cooks the mixture further and eliminates the raw taste. 2 medium tomatoes. Please don't be tempted to leave it alone when you're in the process of thickening the batter. 2. Fufu & Light Soup. The fufu might look too soft, but it will become firmer as it cools down. Here are the Ingredients I used Add the remaining 50ml of water to the Fufu, cover the saucepan with it's lid, reduce the heat to a lower setting and steam for 8-10min. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Serve with rice, banku or fufu. Praise Onaurals Remove the tomatoes and onion and place in a blender. Add your strained juice to the mutton and cook for a further 20-25 minutes. 1 hour 30 minutes. Below are the ingredients required to prepare light soup. The tomatoes and onion should be cooked through now. Your email address will not be published. This should take about 8-10min. Cook slowly for about 30 minutes and add your tomato paste. Wash and cut the chicken and chop one onion into cubes. 500ml of water for a soft Fufu or 400ml for a firmer Fufu. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/9808115-ghana-light-chicken-soup A popular side dish in Ghana is kelewele. Stir in the tomato paste in the pot of the meat while it’s boiling.